Monday, January 18, 2016

Pasto - Week Two

All I really did this week was get to know the area. I really like my companion, but he told me that he’s been pretty disobedient for the past few months. But for a reason...His girlfriend of like 2 years or so just broke up with him and he was like, so sad he couldn’t work. He showed me all the letters she sent him (she sent him a handwritten letter every 2 months, with pictures!) and every letter was like a novel and they all said things like "we’re gonna get married for time and eternity, from your future wife and mom of your children!" So I guess it was pretty serious, lol. But we’re working hard now and he even said to me this week, “Dude, I feel so good!” The only real problem is that his other companion just flirted with all the girls so all the investigators we have are teenage girls and little boys, and I’m not really down for that.

The ward is super good though. The ward council in Granjas had problems. All they did was argue and not do anything. One time I sat next to the elders quorum president (in Granjas) cuz he’s really cool and he was just playing games on his phone the whole time, and I was like, “Dude, why are you playing video games during ward council?” And he was just like "They’re not gonna listen to me anyways, so when they fix the problem I’ll start paying attention.” I thought it was funny cuz its exactly what I would do--realize that there’s a big problem but not do anything to fix it. The only bad thing about the ward is that all the young women hate each other so they just go to different wards, and we have to go tell them they can’t do that, but they just say that they don’t like the other young women. Lame.

Yesterday was the birthday of my companion, so we celebrated that. It was fun. They requested that I sing happy birthday in English. I didn’t know how to play happy birthday. I improvised.







I’m literally in the coldest part of the mission. Every house has a heater and really thick blankets. I get to wear my cool sweaters now though at least. But the house is kinda small. Our area is really poor.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment