The new area rules say that we can't go to branch counsel
anymore, we just have to tell our stuff to the ward mission leader, and he has
to talk in counsel for us, but in my 7 weeks here in El Recuerdo I've asked for
several things and help and they haven't told me pretty much anything, or given
me a report or anything, so for all I know they could just not talk about the
missionaries in branch counsel at all. Also, the branch president feels the need to
speak every Sunday, and give a Patriarchal blessing in his talks and
testimonies. Silence in testimony meeting pretty much never happens here,
but we have the opposite problem, like people talk for way too long. Some
woman (I don't know who she is, but she must have been important because they
recognized her presence like four times on Sunday) pretty much burned everyone
saying that a testimony shouldn't last for more than 20 seconds. I liked that!
We're still working with Vicente. The other day I decided
that I couldn't wait for the branch to organize an activity to get them married (since I've been saying to do something for the past 4 weeks and they haven't
done anything), and to just organize and do it ourselves, but I guess that the
branch president just started to organize something and thought that it wasn't
important for the missionaries to know! Ughh 😒
The other day we were wandering around in the downtown area
(Ciudad Blanca, look it up its pretty dope) looking for some less actives and
this girl comes up to us and was like "Oh my gosh I've been looking for you
guys everywhere!!!" and tells us that she just moved here to Popayan from
Huila (in the Mission Bogota Sur) and was going to the church there in Huila
(she's been like 10 times or something like that) and since she got here has
been looking for the missionaries. Her name is Lara, she really has a
testimony, you can tell, but she said that since she started going to church
her parents (who have never really been active church goers) started making her
be Catholic, going to church, wearing some virgin necklace, and making her
memorize prayers or something like that, so I guess that's the adversary working
witt people. She says that she wants to get baptized, but she's only 17, so
we'd have to get her parents to sign the permission slip thing, which is kind of
impossible, since they live in Huila. She's living with some friends, who are
probably not the best influence on her. But who knows what we can
do to help her, I don't think she can really progress in that environment
We're also still teaching David, he's really good, the other
day he admitted that he was really only listening to us to try to contradict us
but said that he feels good and feels desires to read the Book of Mormon, but
for whatever reason hasn't yet. He promised he would go to Church, but Sunday
morning he sent us a text saying that something came up and couldn't go. Lara
did the same thing hahaha 😂🔫
We met some member who was going to the other branch but
moved to our area the other day, who's literally the best member ever. He's
pretty rich and doesn't work anymore, so he said that he can literally spent all
day everyday with us, and that he would start looking for people to share the
gospel with so that we can go teach them. I guess four of his friends got baptized
in the other branch, so I'm pretty happy to have him! I wish that all members
were like him, I understand that we all can't do visits with the missionaries all
week, but we could at least try to share the gospel with everyone like he
does!
My companion and I get along great. He's literally younger than
Darcy so that's kind of weird but we have a ton in common, and we can pass
literally all day talking about electronic music--turns out that he was a DJ too! Hes also a really hard worker. I honestly don't really know what happened
this week but literally nobody was home or could go to church, but he's not
really getting down on that, but I really hope that I can finish the mission
here with him, but I doubt it since the changes here are like super fast....
Today we went back to the Morro, and we slid down the hill,
Elder Lindao almost killed me! It was fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment