Monday, August 1, 2016

Buga - Week one

Last week we couldn't really do anything because, since my companion was the district leader, we were busy doing interviews alllllll week last week, (since Andalucia is kinda isolated, one interview = one day lost). My companion had to baptize one of the hermana's investigators, so I Saturday was lost too. All in all, we only got to work Monday, Tuesday and part of Wednesday. So, kinda boring.

Also I got transferred again, so in the last 3 transfers I've had 4 areas and 4 different companions. So the last transfers were pretty trash since I was only in each area for 3 weeks and that isn't really enough time to do anything meaningful, but I'll never be able to go back to those areas which also sucks because I really liked both of those areas. Anyways, now I'm in a town called Buga. I'm senior companion again, but my companions like a huge dweeb and freakishly obedient again, which is good in some ways and bad in others (for example, like even now as I'm writing this letter he's like watching me and asking me questions like, "what website is that???" it's google drive, I use it to send photos, "are you allowed to use that??????" yeah, I have permission, "who gave you permission?????" President Pricoli, and stuff like that) He barely finished his training so I'm like his 2nd or 3rd companion. I'm pretty sure they put me with him as a test to see if I really am smoking weed in the mission or if I was innocent like I told them I was. But whatever, this should be fun.


Also, ever since like January, my ears have been getting kinda plugged up any time I lay on them at night. Then, starting in like May or April, they started scabbing (or bleeding I guess) so I told my companion about it, and he was like, "hey, maybe you should clean your ears." So I tried cleaning my ears with like a q-tip, and when I took it out, I literally couldn't hear anything. So I went to the hospital today LOL. They gave me some ear drops I have to take for the next 10 days and then after that I have to go to an ear doctor to have them flush my ears out. So that's cool! I'll just be kinda deaf for the next 8 days or so.

I also haven't been taking a lot of pictures because, my SD card I brought from the US broke, and the one I bought here in Colombia just happened to be a pirate product (found out after I examined it closely) and decided to stop working, so that's great.

Anyways, I'm short on time, (since we went to the hospital, which is like an hour away) so I'll write more next week. Love you 

No comments:

Post a Comment