Monday, August 8, 2016

Buga - Week two

Do you remember what I told you about my first companion in the MTC and how HARD it was to be his companion? Well, my companion that I have now is like, the second coming of that companion. I'm having a hard time. 
I mean, I'm not having a hard time because he's obedient, because my last companion was obedient and I really liked being his companion. The problem is that I'm only his second companion, so he's used to the way his trainer did things. So when I do things in a different way, he legit gets mad at me and tells me that we shouldn't do things like that. (for example, contacting people in the street by first talking about the Olympics or the current trend at the moment, and then afterwards talking about the gospel, like how the MTC and Zack taught me). Sometimes he calls the zone leaders and tells me I'm doing something and they're like,, "uh, is there something wrong with that? We do that too." (like putting my camera in my scripture bag). I guess the part that annoys me the most is that he's wayyy too serious. I like to get to know the people as people, but I guess he only sees them as objects to read scriptures at. He also doesn't like walking fast like I do, he likes speed walking (like the Olympic sport). Way too fast...

But anyway, he's a good guy and a good missionary, but I'm not a fan of his style.

Also, the area I'm in is kinda trash too since the missionaries that were here before us didn't really do anything. So there's not a lot of people to teach. So we focused on finding people. Some of the people we found here were pretty great. We found this one guy named William, who's a journalist, and he's also MUSLIM. The first Muslim I've met here. He legit reads the Quran, prays 5 times a day facing Mecca, and speaks Arab. But he's super cool, super friendly. There's also this family here that we're working with. Like, a really big family! The dad (80yrs) and one of his daughters and son in laws are active members. His other two children are less active, and their spouses aren't members, even though the children are active members. The other daughter is a Jehovah's Witness (meaning, we're not even gonna bother working with them), but we have a big family home evening planned out with them. Some things have happened to the less active children and we, the missionaries and the active members of the family, see this as an opportunity to reactivate/baptize everyone else! I think that it'll work out.

Also, today I went back to the hospital and got my ears rinsed. I HEAR EVERYTHING! A ton of stuff came out. But because of that trip, we did kinda lose 5 hours today, so I'd write more but I don't have hardly any time! Maybe this week I'll buy another SD card and start taking photos again.

Did you ever send that 1 year package? I DESPERATELY need new shoes and new black pants! I'm actually using shoes that another elder left in our house, also trash, but they fit me and they're better than what I have now!

anyway, I'll write more next week. love you guys

No comments:

Post a Comment