This week was pretty cool. First, we were working with Danielle, this girl who's gonna get baptized. We had a little lesson with her on Sunday, but before the lesson, she had a lot of questions and doubts. We had invited her to be baptized last week after she came to church but she wasn't really sure, but we taught her yesterday, and, after answering a lot of questions, we showed her the baptismal font (we teach her in the chapel because her parents are super catholic, and even though shes like 22, they won't let her talk to us in her house) and talked a lot about baptism-what it means to her and what blessings she would receive by being baptized. You could obviously see the spirit working in her, and in the course of like 40 minutes she went from being like, "eehh maybe I'll get baptized" to being the happiest individual when it comes to her baptism. So that's really cool. AND she's only 1 of the 5 baptismal dates that we have here in Buga. I think the cool part is that we only know her because her boyfriend was less active, but the missionaries decided to work with him (he lives in Cali) and now that he's active he had to start keeping the law of chastity, so that's why Danielle wanted to know more I guess...But like, if the missionaries had never decided to work with this guy, Danielle wouldn't know anything about the church and wouldn't be as happy as she is right now. Something small but kinda cool how the dominoes fall...
Also, this week we did a little branch activity with the Light the World video. Buut...that actually didn't go very well because they planned it on Wednesday and did it on Thursday so the participation wasn't all that great, but the idea was pretty cool. We watched the video with the members who were there, pegged the Light the World cards on some helium balloons with lights inside, and the plan was let the balloons go but the helium kinda ran out and the light weighed a lot so we couldn't really do the plan. We had to buy other balloons so that they lifted the light balloons with them jaja. Then we went and talked to everyone who happened to be passing by and invited them to the chapel to go see the video. The only problem is that the chapel in Buga is in like a private neighborhood so nobody was really down to go see the video, but I think like 3 or 4 people came and really liked it a lot. So, if those 3 people end up getting baptized then it'll all have been worth it!
Afterwards, I sang with Axel "Muerte en Hawai" it was pretty dope
The sad thing is that I got transferred.....I'm gonna go train again and "open area" in Ipiales, which is like right next to Ecuador, and its really cold...so Christmas is gonna be fun! ha..
I called a lot of the members to say goodbye and I called Brayan last, and afterwards I just started crying like a ton, I didn't think that they were gonna change me so this was really a surprise, and I didn't want to leave Brayan since he's been having a ton of problems lately, and I don't know, I just kinda walked to the balcony and cried for a few minutes. I'm leaving a lot of great friends behind and 5 great people who have baptisms date. I'm not sure if my son is gonna work hard with them since his new companion is kinda famous for being super disobedient too. So I'm not really sure what's gonna happen now.
I didn't actually get to see James but I got the package! It's really saving my life down here...
Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment