Monday, January 9, 2017

Ipiales - Week Five

Honestly, like I said last week, we really didn't do anything because of the carnavals. It was actually pretty scary, leaving the house, so we only did it like 3 times all week, and those three times, the people painted us, and stuff. On Friday I ended up buying a spray thing that everyone was using to be able to defend myself while I was out and about. I took a bunch of videos from my window but the internet where I am is soooooo sloowwwwww that I can't really upload them right now, but you can really see that the people were like ruthless in painting people. I took one video where this one guy was just walking minding his own business, and when I say that these guys were gonna paint him, he started running but they caught him and pinned him on the ground and started painting him and throwing flour and stuff on him, and if people get mad that they got painted, everyone just responds with "hey ---- if you don't wanna play then go home and sleep!" so that's something

Something was that we were able to buy some of the spray stuff and totally got the zone leader that nobody likes and that finishes the mission this Saturday, so that's something. This guys really stresses me out anyways, like always calling me and yelling at me for stuff that I can't do anything about (like the carnavals).

Haha if there's something that I've learned it's that missionaries all over the world use the same exact examples for everything. I personally use the example that the original church was funded upon 3 pillars, (profets, apostoles, and the priesthood) and that the church was like a glass statue, and when the pillars were taken away the church fell and shattered into a million pieces. Normally the people realize that that's where all these churches come from before we explain it.

It's good that Granny's okay. How's Grandpa? Last I heard from him he was pretty bad...

Something cool that you might like is the gospel topics essays that are on lds.org. I read some of them, but in Spanish.

Love you all!








No comments:

Post a Comment