Wednesday, July 1, 2015

MTC Week 2

This week was way better than the last one. I´ve been learning a lot of the language mostly and we´ve been learning how to contact people. On Saturday they let us out of the fence for a whole hour to go do street contacting, and I understood a lot of the Spanish, even though I didn't recognize a lot of the words. Call it the gift of tongues I guess! Most of the hour was met with "I'm Catholic, go away" which was kinda expected. We had a lot of good conversations going until my companion would introduce himself as a missionary and then ask them if they believe in God. Its like, dude you can't just jump straight into being a missionary like that! Most people were more receptive if you got to ask them a few questions first. It was really fun, and we met this one guy who was pretty interested, so we got his contact information and everything, but later I realized I probably should've given him a Book of Mormon, I felt pretty bad after that LOL.

On Monday night all of the Latinos and some hermanas had to leave for their missions, so it was kinda a sad goodbye, like even though we couldn't understand most of what they said and had only known them for like 2 weeks I felt like we had been friends for a long time. Me and three other elders all went into the chapel after dinner on Monday and all sang hymns together in Spanish, that was probably one of my favorite things so far. I'm sad to see them go, but they'll probably all be great missionaries.







Nothing else really happened except for on Tuesday, (PDAY) we got to go to the temple in the morning, I really liked it again. The Bogotá temple is way smaller than San Diego but I really like it. But after the temple me and the 2 other missionaries serving in Colombia (all the other nortes are serving in Ecuador) had to go to customs and we left straight from the temple and didn't come back until like 8 so we missed all of pday with the MTC all to ourselves and didn't get to write home yesterday. We waited in a line for like 5 hours it was kinda awful, but I liked hanging out with them. 

They only have devotionals on Sunday but everything else is about teaching or the language.  Thanks for writing, good to see what everyone is up to. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment