Friday, July 10, 2015

MTC - Week 3

A few big things happened this week, probably the biggest was all of the new missionaries that arrived on Wednesday. We got 2 new elders staying for 6 weeks, and they're staying in our room. Even though I've only been here 2 weeks longer than they have I feel like I have been here a lot longer than they have, it's kinda like being a sophomore at high school again lol. The 2 new elders, Elder ___ and Elder ___ are okay i guess. Elder ___ is like really humble and will probably be an awesome missionary, I really like him, but Elder ___ is yelling any time he talks and every day when the alarm goes off he moans for like 5 minutes, that gets old really fast. There's also a new elder staying for only two weeks and named Elder ___ and hes pretty cool too, but we don't get to talk to him that often.

One cool thing that I got to do this week was give a priesthood blessing. I always wanted to do one, because whenever any of the hermanas in our district felt sick or sad or anything the district leader and his companion got to give the blessing, which was never me. But for whatever the reason, when the new elders arrived on Wednesday, Elder ___ asked me to give him a blessing with oil and stuff. The blessing wasn't super long or inspiring, but I'm pretty sure that I said everything that needed to be said, and I felt really good afterwards. 

The other big-ish thing that happened was I got a companion switch. I was super excited about that lol. Elder ___ is my new companion.


We make a pretty good team I think. We taught a lesson together on Sunday for church and it was pretty much 50/50. It was all about what you focus on expands, and I used a lot of the things that Cameron told me in the letter he gave me. Everyone said they really liked the lesson too!

The new group of Latinos aren't as fun as the last group. I felt like I was friends with almost all of them last time, but hardly not as many this time. When we play football for gym hour they always want to do Nortes vs Latinos instead of just playing with us and having fun like the last group. Because of that me and 2 other elders do real workouts during gym by ourselves, and it's pretty hard lol. I think that if I continue to do it with them I'll make some serious gains.

We went to the temple again today and that's where I took more pictures with my new companion and our district, so they're kinda the same, but the weather was way nicer than it was before so I think they look better.




Next Wednesday we get Latino companions and then I get to actually be a real missionary, so I'm kinda excited!

I had to go to the customs office to get a Colombian ID. I think I'm officially a legal resident of Colombia now.

I can write and read Spanish almost perfectly, but understanding and then speaking it is way different, idk.


Okay, until next Tuesday. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment