Wednesday, July 15, 2015

MTC - Week 4

Okay, So I guess a few notable things happened since Thursday, the first being that we got to go contacting for 3 hours in Bogota! It was kinda scary at first because we all took a bus to some random part in the city, and they gave us 2 copies of the Book of Mormon, a Liahona, and some pamphlets about the Word of Wisdom, Plan of Salvation, and the Law of Chastity (which was the hardest one to give out LOL). They expected us to hand out everything. 

Well, the first people Elder Momberger and I decided to talk to was a mother and her 15 year-old son playing basketball, so we walked up and were like, can we play with you for a bit? I knocked down like 5 shots in a row, and the Mom was kinda impressed, and so I went and talked with her while my companion talked to the son, and that went really well. The Mom really liked that we took the time to play with her son a little, and she asked me if I played basketball in school (yes), where (the US), and why I was here. Which was like the perfect question. I kinda talked to her about the Mormons (I think lol) and gave her a Book of Mormon and a card with the church address on it. She was super interested and then my companion taught the son a lot too, and they said that they wanted to know more and go to church with us on Sunday but we were like, sorry were actually not real missionaries yet!  But my companion and I bore our testimony to them and when we left we both just felt soo cool, which is weird because never in my life would I think that giving away a Book of Mormon would make me feel so good! lol. I know for a fact that because of the friendship we showed to the son and the Spirit we felt that they will get baptized. 

We actually ended up giving everything away, and we gave our second Book of Mormon to 2 guys drinking beer in the park who seemed interested ,and when we walked by later they were reading first Nephi so that was cool. Also we totally got lost with a Latino companionship and were like 30 minutes late to the bus. When we walked in the bus everyone was clapping and hitting us for making them wait, and we got the nickname Los Perdidos for the rest of the week. But we got 5 contact informations and gave everything out, and I honestly wouldn't mind doing that every day for the next 2 years.



On Monday the Latinos left, but I wasn't really that sad, I was only really close to like 3 of them. I get a Latin Companion for the last 2 weeks at the CCM, so I really hope that I get along with him, and also we don't even get a bathroom for just the 9 Nortes anymore--I'll have to sleep downstairs and use the janky Latino bathroom, but I hope I enjoy it. lol



Today we went on a tour of Colombia. It was super sick! I took some pictures. 







We took a gondola all the way to the top of a mountain where there were some pretty sick souvenir shops, and I bought a pretty dope Colombia football jersey for like $35000, which is like, $15. And its an official FIFA First party one too! Well worth the price I think. 


After we walked around in the city and went to more souvenir shops in the city. There was mostly jewelry, but I got a really sick black yellow red and blue hammock for $50000. He originally wanted $68000 but I was able to talk him down pretty well LOL. I forgot to take a picture of the hammock but I'm just super happy I have a hammock and a jersey lol. After we bought some Colombian chocolate which was kinda good but I convinced everyone to go to a Dunkin Doughnuts and I BOUGHT 3 DOUGHNUTS and they were honestly the best doughnuts I've ever had cuz the circumstance. 



Yeah I guess that's it, I just hope I get a chill Latin companion this week.


I'm pretty good at Spanish now. The accent here is really cool. They pronounce all y sounds and the double l´s like a zj, and I think it sounds sick. 

 Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment