Yeah I'm really happy, Colombia is really cool. I just forget to say a lot of the time.
That's cool about the missionary speaker though . . .
[The letter from home told Drew about a returned missionary who spoke in our ward. The RM talked about teaching a family that all got
baptized except one teenage girl. The missionaries worked and studied and prayed so
hard to convince this girl to join the church. He said he used all his
best missionary "tricks." Finally, his green companion, said,
"Why don't we ask God how he wants us to do it?" He said when
they left it up to the Spirit to guide them, they taught their best,
most spiritual lesson ever and at the end, the girl said,
"Yes." They said, "Yes to what? We didn't ask any
questions." She said, "Yes, to getting baptized. I want
to be baptized tomorrow."]
. . . I'm kind of in that situation right now. Family Toro that I write about sometimes is all really excited to join the church and be reactivated, but the 16 yr old daughter is really hesitant. She has a date but she's really analytical, and likes to think of literally every possible outcome of every decision. She also says she hasn't gotten an answer to her prayers. So maybe I'll do the same thing that that missionary said. But she's really cool! Hopefully everything works out. The date for their kids is now October 10th.
This week something kind of cool happened. For the Fast Sunday in September we asked for more people to teach in Terranova. Since it costs money to go there, we have to spend the whole day there for it to be worth it. And this week we met a TON of people in Terranova. One time when we were on the bus one guy came up to me and asked me who we were, and so I told him, and he was like "oh, cool. Can you come teach me? Can you write down my information so you can come visit me?" Yeah, we sure can! We actually went to teach him yesterday, and he's literally made of gold. I guess God does answer prayers sometimes!
Aside from him, we were working with our 2 less active families in Terranova, Toro and Usma, like always. We also went and met the family of Felipe, and they really don't like each other. The "Lesson" consisted of his mom complaining about Felipe for like 20 minutes RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM and Elder Bello agreeing with her 100%. The dad was sleeping in the other room. Felipe hasn't told them anything about us or that he went to church, so we didn't mention the baptism. I really didn't say anything really because I felt really uncomfortable. When we left I just looked at Felipe and said "Man, que pena" which is how you say I'm sorry in Spanish. When I told all this to family Usma, the dad, Ali, who is a returned missionary started telling us all about experiences in his mission like "in my mission I had this problem, and I did this to fix it, you can do that too!" All the advice was really good. Then they offered to do a group fast for them or have a group FHE one night. They're a family of less actives and the daughter isn't even a member and here they are talking about missionary work like they're a member family. That was really cool.
Nothing else that cool really happened. My shoes got pretty much destroyed, like the sole was gone and whatever the bottom part is called had huge holes in it. But instead of buying new shoes i just went and got them fixed, and that only cost 30 mil, and new shoes cost like 90 mil. They're a million times better now.
The other picture is what we do in this mission to our agendas. It looks kinda cool huh?
Tell Dad I said happy birthday! This year is the first year in like 6 years I haven't told Dad happy birthday like a pirate. September 19th in Colombia is Valentines day. So if Dad lived here he would be born on Valentines day!
Have a good week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment