This week I realized how much I love America, because while we where teaching Felipe (who I think I already explained to you who he is) on 9/11 he said something about how America sucks at football and I was like, hold up, America is number one at literally everything. And he was like, nah, if they played Colombia we would win like 5 to 0. And I was so angry and I wanted to say so many things but I don't know the sport terminology in Spanish so I couldn't say anything really, so I just kinda told him that Colombia sucks and stood up and left. And then when I came back I asked him if he wanted to be baptized and he said yes, also that he wants to go on a mission, and help his girlfriend Michelle and her family come to church, so that was really cool. The thing about him is that he's 17, and has a lot of problems with his family, like they're a bunch of drunks, so we've just been teaching him at his girlfriend's house, but this week we found out where he lives and talked to his mom a little. Were gonna teach him with his family on Tuesday, so let’s hope that they let him be baptized. He's really cool. We talked for like 30 minutes the other day just about random stuff. I think I’d be friends with him if it weren't for me being a missionary.
Also, we have this family of investigadors Family DeLaCruz. The parents are like 50 and they have a son who's like 20 and they're literally kids in the bodies of adults. We´ll be teaching them and the mom will be like "Wow, that's beautiful. Hey, Woodmansee, the beaches in US are really beautiful, huh?" and stuff like that, always changing the topic. One time she left in the middle of our lesson to go cook us lunch. It’s frustrating, but they're really good! They went to the baptism last Saturday, and the members there were really friendly and stuff, but they also went to stake conference the week before. I was talking to her this week and she was like, “Hey, is there another baptism this week? Because I really want to go.” And I said, “No, but there's church on Sunday that you're always invited to.” She said she liked the baptism better. Why? "Because at the baptism everyone greeted me and talked to me and I felt really good, but at the church nobody talked to me, I arrived and afterwards I left and nobody said a word." Uhhhh, well that's awesome. I promised her that this Sunday would be different and when she came on Sunday, it was because I made sure it would be. SO it’s really important that the members help with missionaries! Because if the members aren't friends with the investigadors, there is no conversion.
All my other investigadors are more or less the same. The district is planning on having a "Noche Blanca" where we have all our investigadors baptized on the same night. We're planning for 10 baptisms, and so far we have 3, the other missionaries in the district don't have any yet but the other missionaries are really good, so I'm sure that they'll have some by then.
My area is REALLY big. about 7 times the area of the other missionaries in Jamundi. If you can look up on Google maps Jamundi, then Alfaguara, then Terranova. Our area is all 3 of those cities, but technically they're all in the city of Jamundi. We don't really go to Alfaguara that much, because it's where the rich people live and we have to take a taxi to get there. But the members there are really cool--one time we visited a member family there and they gave us empanadas and Coca Cola. They also have a TV like Zack's new one and a PS4, so they're really rich LOL.
I'm in training right now. My companion is supposed to be training me, but he doesn't really ever. We don't ever get checked up on, but we go to Cali sometimes for zone activities. We see the other missionaries in the district like 4 times a week. Where we go depends on where were needed.
NO pictures this week, nothing happened. But maybe next week. LOL. Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment