Monday, September 28, 2015
Jumundi - Week Nine
We haven’t had any more lessons with Felipe. We talked to him in passing one day, and he really doesn’t like his parents. How can you teach a lesson about eternal families to someone who doesn’t even like their family? We did have another lesson with his mom though, that went pretty good. She said she wanted to read the Book of Mormon with Felipe, but he hides the book when he leaves so she can’t read it, which was really surprising because I always thought Felipe was really chill. HOWEVER, Michelle his girlfriend, has been taking the missionary lessons for like two years and has never liked going to church and never liked talking to the missionaries, and has always been a closed off and cold person. But recently she started opening up to us and making jokes and stuff, I actually felt like we were friends! She also said all of a sudden that she likes church and she’s reading the Book of Mormon, so she’s going to get baptized on the 10th. Dope lol.
On Tuesday me and my companion did exchanges with the zone leaders, so I got to be a Zone leader in Cali for a day! It was pretty much a normal day except I didn’t know anyone or where anything was, and I was with a zone leader so I had to be really good lol. The only special thing we did was wake up at 5 am to check to see if these elders in the zone were waking up on time, because aparently the mission president went to go inspect their house and found the elders sleeping, at 3 pm....LOL
(I had a weird thought: There are probably missionaries who are terrified of surprise visits from Mark and Krissy like there are in this mission. Weird huh?!)
One of the members of the ward I’m in baptized one of the teachers at the MTC in Bogota and went to her wedding this past week, and he was talking to MTC president, and told him that I speak realllyyy well. So the president asked him to film a video of me speaking Spanish so that he can show it to EVERY NEW GROUP at the MTC. So I’m gonna be famous at the MTC in Bogota! I didn’t even think I spoke that well, but we recorded the video on Sunday. Whatever, I’ll take it!
One thing, my Spanish scriptures were getting thrashed by putting them in my bag everyday, so I ordered cool little scripture cases for them with my name on them and stuff. And i forgot that i need money for them. They’re 100,000 pesos, I think that’s about 30 dollars, but you can do the exact conversion, right? I’ll send you pictures when I get them!
Love you and stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment