Monday, October 5, 2015

Jamundi - Week Ten

A lot of stuff happened this week. On Wednesday I finally got my cool scripture cases!




 I feel like I have the best scripture cases in the world, but the bad thing is that now I don’t have any money, which sucks because my scandals broke, so now I have to buy new ones...

On Thursday we went to this cool place called Gato Monte. as a district to visit an eternal investigador.

He’s way more active than most of the members, but he lives with his girlfriend and kid, married to a different woman, and will probably never have money to pay for the divorce because it costs like a million dollars. But he lives up this giant mountain and has a big farm, so we spent the day visiting with him. He’s really cool--he taught me how to play The Girl from Impanema and Tears in Heaven on the guitar! lol

On Friday Elder Bello and I went to Cauca (like, a different state in Colombia) to give a blessing to this family who lost their baby son on Tuesday. They live really far away in a city where the church doesn’t exist, and we spent the whole day there. I guess we were the closest missionaries to them. It was really sad but really spiritual. I’d like to visit them more if they didn’t live so far away.

Saturday and Sunday was conference, so we didn’t really so anything but watch that. For three of the five sessions, the four missionaries were the only ones in the chapel watching, lol. But we got to eat pizza for priesthood and had a lot of investigadors attend Sunday morning! It was frustrating to start to hear them speak in English, only for a Spanish voice to come and be really loud. But I understood like 75% of it and took a lot of notes, lol. In my notebook I have them titled PAGINAS DE REVELACIÓN or pages of revelation lol.

And then today we painted a house.




The house of Familia Toro, who are gonna get baptized on Saturday! I might have ruined my clothes...

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment