Monday, October 12, 2015

Jamundi - Week Eleven

We had interviews with the mission president this week on Friday, so we had to go to Cali for that. We were there for a while but honestly my interview with both Hermana and Presidente Pricoli were only like five minutes long each, while everyone else took like, 15 to 20 minutes, but I’m assuming it's just because I’m not doing anything wrong. We had to memorize D&C 84 33-44 for the interview though, so I did that and Hermana Pricoli told me that I told it better than most of the Latinos and that I don't have a gringo accent. Presidente also told me that I don't have a gringo accent, so I’m pretty happy about that!

I also finally got my Colombian ID, and it looks preeetty cool.

Also when I said that the Toro kids were gonna get baptized this week, I lied because their Dad got called into work for the whole weekend on like Wednesday, so we had to cancel it. Well, for them anyway, but we still baptized Michell Usma! And when I say that we baptized her, I mean that I did it. Woo! So now I've officially baptized someone. She was really happy and content, but a lot of things happened that were bad so that the service was kinda iffy. First, we didn't have a ward mission leader until this Sunday so we had to plan it ourselves. Second, her parents argued a lot about the time because Ali, the dad had to work or whatever, so we changed the time of the baptism like five times. Third, I don't know why but the water in the font was literally black, like you couldn't see the floor. I say I don't know why because we got there early and cleaned the font really well, with soap and everything, so I think it was the water. So Michell is gonna have to remember her baptism with black water. I told her it was the sins of all the other people we've baptized. And Fourth, we didn't even have baptism clothes for her, we had a jumpsuit for fat people. So she (understandably) refused to change into it until we went to go do the service, so it took a little longer than normal.


Because of this we don't have a picture of us outside in all white, but we have a picture of us inside with normal clothes if that counts for anything...

Despite all the things that went bad, she really liked it and her family did, too. Jamundí 1 brought some investigadors to the baptism and they said that they felt really special, so I guess I did it right. But . . . baptism number 1 already down, yayyy! I think we’re gonna baptize the Toro kids this Saturday, and the dad said he was gonna have a serious talk with Camila and stuff so hopefully she’ll get her stuff straight. Originally she said she wanted her brother to get baptized first, and if nothing bad happens to him then she’d do it the week after, but since she saw Michell get baptized (who she said "Is more difficult” than her) now she’ll be willing. These families have been inactive for years and have tried to come back like 3 times before but now its actually happening, which is cool.

And today is the birthday of Elder Smith, who is in Jamundí 1. So we're gonna bake a cake tonight, and we played volleyball today with like all of the young men and women, some families in the ward and with the Usmas and Toros! So that was fun.

Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment