This week really sucked. We always set appointments, but everything always falls through. Its like, we'll call in in the morning and the appointment will be confirmed, but when we get there, they're not home. We go from house to house and nobody is ever there. So I talked with my companion and we both agreed that this week we're just gonna go drop literally everyone that we know, well almost everyone. Everyone who hasn't come to the church yet, which is like everyone but five people, and we're gonna open the area. It's going to be hard because I'm friends with a lot of people here, but they don't want to do anything! What's more frustrating is that I get a lot of good contacts who seem like they'll be really good but they live in the area of the other missionaries. I know these two kids who are always playing League of Legends in our neighbor's house who I'm pretty good friends with (and they go to church like every other week), but I can't teach them because they live in the other area. But they're always in our area so the other missionaries can't teach them either! It's frustrating. But even so, I have like three people that I refuse to leave this area without seeing them baptized. One being Paulina (who dressed up as a Mormon Pioneer for Halloween LOL) and the freakng Toro kids. I'll be working hard with them for sure.

But they do celebrate Halloween here. It's actually kind of weird. When you ask for candy you have to say "Quiero paz, quiero amor, quiero dulces por favor!" which is "I want peace, I want love, I want candy, please!" LOL
And everyone dresses up, and it's pretty much the same. I actually got a lot of candy just because the members gave me a lot.
The ward had a little party that was pretty cool too.
Honestly nothing noteworthy even happened this week. The most noteworthy thing was I learned how to tie two different tie knots that I can do if I'm ever feeling a little fancy.
And now I have a Book of Mormon in Portuguese, so I can learn Portuguese and talk with Riley. LOL
It rains every night here and then during they day when we work it's sunny and hot and then in the night it starts raining again, which is good because I don't want to work in the rain! LOL
Love you guys !
No comments:
Post a Comment