Monday, November 16, 2015

Jamundi - Week Sixteen

This week we had another baptism tho! We're really good friends with this family down the street from us. (They have an internet salon that we like to use sometimes.) The family consists of Paulina, her husband Clelio and their son Daniel. The parents are like 55 and Daniel is like 20. I feel like if I weren't a missionary I'd be really good friends with Daniel. We do a lot of the same things, the only thing he does that I don't has to do with his girlfriend ...but he's been to church like 30 times. BUT ANYWAY, Paulina has told us for a very long time that she wanted to be a member of the church but we just hadn't taught her everything. The other week we taught her and invited her to be baptized and she straight laughed at us lol. She said she wasn't prepared and didn't know enough. Then we had a member bear his testimony about prayer and how to recognize the Holy Ghost and we committed her to pray. We visited her the next day and the first thing she said to us was, "I prayed, and the answer was positive. I'm gonna get baptized!" So yeah, I baptized her.


The service was really good, and she even bore her testimony at the end! She was really happy on Sunday, too. 

The other kinda cool thing we did was I made 2 pizzas, because we were with Fam. Toro and I mentioned that I worked at a "pizzaria" (Little Caesars) and they were like okay now you have to bake us a pizza.




So we bought the stuff and I made some pizzas. They were pretty good. Everyone liked it at least.

There's a new rule in the mission that says we cant play soccer or basketball anymore, Like we can't even touch a basketball, so that kinda sucks. But we played volleyball with the ward for like 4 hours this morning, because that's the only thing we can do. I dominated. 

You asked about how we contact people. Here everyone talks to everyone, so we don't have a problem with people not wanting to talk to us. A lot of the time people contact us because they want to know what we do. Everyone thinks were students, or pilots, or businessmen, or things like that lol. In this mission it's literally against the rules to go knock on doors because its a "waste of time" and there are more effective things to do to meet new people. 

About the new Church handbook changes.  Nobody has said a word about it here, I wouldn't have known if you didn't tell me.

Love you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment