Monday, December 7, 2015

Granjas - Week Two

This week was literally my worst week ever stats wise on the mission. I got to my new area and my new companion literally doesn't know anyone. It's pretty much like we're opening the area and I'm senior companion. Tuesday night when we were planning he says "Okay at 2 we're going to go for this person....and there's nobody else." And I was like what? There's no way we only have one person to visit tomorrow. So I looked in the area book and the list of less actives, and on my second day in the area I planned the whole day out. I guess nobody likes him very much because he;s really disobedient and flirts with the hermanas, and he talks back to all of the leaders, but if he's with a good companion (like me!) he'll work hard. I get along with him pretty well, but I get along with almost everyone pretty well. We've just been visiting members less actives and recent converts sharing this "A Savior is Born" thing that the church is doing. I literally didn't teach a single investigator this week and I don't even know any. The ward members don't really work with the missionaries but we're going to change that pretty soon. I've gotten to be friends with a lot of the members so far. My plan is to make friends with all the members so they actually want to come with us and not just because they're obligated.

It's just the two of us in the apartment. The view is really nice. And I got the package on Saturday in the zone meeting. I think it arrived sooner but they just are now giving it to me. Did you put a picture of the holy virgin and the divine child Jesus on it? lol. 






We got a text message this week that just said "you can't watch the Christmas devotional, you have to work" from the zls. 

Something funny, I met this guy in the ward who is like 70 and bought tickets to the Rolling Stones in Bogota this March, and he was telling me alllll about it. He bought the most expensive tickets so he could be in the giant pit in the front and I'm pretty sure he's gonna die. 

Something spiritual, we were visiting some members and we asked if we could leave them with a prayer. They're about 60 and it's just a married couple living alone. The husband started saying the prayer and it was literally the most powerful prayer I've ever heard. And it wasn't even for anything special. He started crying during the prayer. If we all prayed like that I think we would see the results a lot clearer. 

Something interesting, The ward mission leader sings a really good tenor, his wife alto, and his daughter soprano, and when he found out I sing an "amazing bass" he said that we were going to go Christmas caroling just the 4 of us (none of the other missionaries can sing!) 

Love you!


1 comment: