Monday, February 15, 2016

Pasto - Week Six

I'm kinda stoked about this weekend cuz were gonna baptize Jorge this Saturday and he said "ELDER WOODMANSEE I WANT YOU TO BAPTIZE ME!" and I was like "Yayy!" 

I learned this week that some missionaries are idiots, and they baptize people by convincing instead of converting. This week we went to a recent converts house and she had a ton of questions, like "how do we know that Jesus is Jehova" (cuz in the Bible in Spanish it pretty much never says God it says Jehova), and a ton of other stuff that she should've known before she got baptized. And the lamest part was that she didn't want scriptures or examples from the Book of Mormon, or D&C, just the Bible, and when I asked her why, she was like "Just because." And then this Sunday (this was something I didn't know before the mission but every Sunday in literally every chapel in the world there's a class for investigadors and recent converts and less actives) the teacher for that class wasn't there so we had to teach it, and we were supposed to teach about the Holy Ghost, and we mentioned that the Holy Ghost doesn't have a body like Jesus and God the whole class (who were pretty much all recent converts from like 3 or 4 months ago) all flipped out. Like they had no idea that God and Jesus have bodies, and when we tried to explain to them with scriptures from the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants they were all like, "NO we only want scriptures from the Bible." It's like all these people got baptized just because the other missionaries convinced them, not because they had a testimony of the Book of Mormon, it kinda frustrates me.  

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment