Monday, June 13, 2016

Morichal - Week eleven

So yeah. This week was actually pretty trash (aside from the baptism) because I have this disease called Chikungunya and I'm pretty much gonna die. Lol, jk. But srsly. I woke up on Thursday feeling a little light headed and didn't have much strength to move. I had to teach people though, so I walked around all day anyways. Then on Friday I was super cold for some reason even though my body was really hot and then I woke up with these red things on my body EVERYWHERE. It kinda looks like acne/chicken pox which is pretty gross/worrying, so I called Hermana Pricoli and she just told me to drink a lot of water, which I guess the only thing you can do. I feel pretty fine right now though. I just look like I have leprosy...ha!

Andrea's baptism went really well. Her cousin's husband baptized her. She was super happy before and after and just super smiley all the time, and she also shared her testimony; it was pretty great. Then, on Sunday, she asked ME to confirm her! Wow. I was kinda nervous, since I had never confirmed anyone before. I always feel like I'm not that good at giving blessings compared to other missionaries, but I actually think I did a good job...so add confirmations to the list of things I've done in Spanish and not in English. 

Besides the baptism, we had to stop teaching a lot of people this week, and didn't find anyone new. There's this one member family who lives in the same house as their cousins (the mom is a less active member and the son isn't a member). We were teaching the son with his cousin who is an active member, but when we went to go teach him this week, he said that his mom says that he can't talk with us anymore, and if he does, he'll be grounded or something like that. It is really lame since hes like 16, and his MOM IS A MEMBER OF THE CHURCH. I was legit so mad afterward

Almost every less active member I've met in Colombia have told me that they hate the testimony meetings. A lot of the active members say the same thing actually. Maybe they're rubbing off on me. But i do testify with investigators...obviously.



No comments:

Post a Comment