I honestly don't remember what I've told you about the Leiton family so I'll tell you again. We've been teaching the Leiton family since April. A lot of people live in their house, (two families of cousins) but we mostly teach just 3 people: Zoraida (the mom) and the 2 daughters, Laura, and Luisa. They're really cool! But they frustrate me sometimes. We've made serious progress with them (they're the family whose dad is in New York and is always reading anti-Mormon stuff on the internet and then calls them to tell them to read the anti-Mormon stuff too). The mom was able to convince the dad to let us send missionaries to him. So, hopefully it all works out over there. Also, they just barely started reading the Book of Mormon after 2 months. The thing that I don't really understand is that Laura, the older daughter, is pretty atheist. She doesn't really believe in everything and she's always like, "but it doesn't make sense because in science..." yeah. Except yesterday, she was the only one in the family who went to church and is the only one who reads the Book of Mormon actively, which I honestly don't really understand. But she's been to church twice now. I hope that they can progressing!
We did something new and cool this week. We're teaching this family, (mom, dad, and 4 small children ages 8 to 10) but the kids always get bored and leave. So instead of reading the Book of Mormon with them we kinda did a mini play. We assigned the 4 kids the roles of Laman, Lemuel, Sam, and Nephi. My companion was Laban, I was the narrator/angel, and the mom was Zoram. We kinda just acted it out and it was super awesome, the kids loved it, and the mom did too! So we were like, "yeah there's more stories like that in that book so keep reading!" I think it's something I'm probably gonna do more often now.
They took my ukulele away because apparently you have to ask permission to buy instruments. I didn't ask for permission because I didn't know and everyone I told about it didn't know that that rule existed either. Also, I wasn't washing my clothes when they got there, I just had washed them before they got there so they were still wet. I didn't do anything wrong. But I wouldn't say that I'm in the dog house.
Eh, I know a ton of doctrine that's probably not important to know but i think i know more about the church than you now. HA! But yeah. I'm still learning. That's the spiritual stuff you've been asking for besides the typical "I know the church is true..." yeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment