Monday, June 20, 2016

Morichal - Week twelve

So like straight up, we didn't really do that much this week, (its not like we honestly could with the copa america but USA HYPE WE TAKING IT HOME BOYS ARGENTINA SUCKS) but I did go around saying goodbye to a ton of people because I had a feeling I was going to get transferred. So I admit that I actually did go around saying goodbye (one family made me hamburgers because AMERICA) but the most special was definitely saying goodbye to the Leiton family. We had plans to go visit them on Friday with plans to teach them, but we showed up to the house and the lights were off and stuff so I said to my companion, "yeah they're probably not here..." and then they opened the door and there was literally a surprise party waiting for me! They had balloons and pizza and soda and a sign n shiz. So yeah we didn't teach anything that day, but can you blame me? Also, they game me a ton of gifts, bought me a cool shirt and like 3 pairs of sunglasses because I once made an offhand comment about wanting sunglasses. Also, they told me that the day before they spent ALL DAY searching the city for a USA jersey for me but couldn't find one. They also gave me like some nail polish to help my nails grow (they've actually been painting my nails for months now...lol its transparent). I legit felt like crying I just love them so much. Then they went to church the next day, I finally sent the husband's reference to the offices. I have faith that they'll get baptized this transfer, even without me.

They also bought a Colombia jersey for Mugsy because I mentioned that I had a small dog LOL so I guess I'll send that home soon. I love that family!

So I did get transferred. I'm not in Cali anymore, I'm in a city called Popayan and my area is americas. It's kinda nice here, way different from Cali, it's super quiet and small here. Small noteworthy thing: this transfer like 26 missionaries went home and we only got 3 more, so they closed a ton of areas. So now we have to work in 2 areas here. It'll be interesting.

short on time, love all






No comments:

Post a Comment