This week was pretty good. We have one investigator who's going to be baptized next week. Her name is Andrea, she's a cousin of a member. They came up to us in church one day and said, "Hey baptize our cousin because we've been teaching her and she wants to be baptized." I had actually seen her at church several times but I just assumed that she was a member lol. Anyway, so we taught her and she's pretty excited to be baptized. So that was like a freebie.
We couldn't really do much this week because on Tuesday we did divisions in another area, Wednesday we had to plan out the ward activity for like 5 hours, and on Saturday was the champions league finals so we couldn't do anything for a few hours because everyone was inside watching. This month it's only going to get worse because the Copa America starts and there's going to be games like everyday or something, and Colombia shuts down every time their national team plays. The worst part is that Colombia and the US are in the same group and are going to play each other on Friday. That can't go well for me, because if we win everyone is going to hate me and if we lose everyone is going to remind me of it for the rest of my mission, so, yay. go USA!
We were teaching a less active member yesterday and she said that she was scared to go to the temple because of the garments, and I mentioned (jokingly, because we're pretty good friends) that if she didn't get endowed she can't obtain exaltation. She said that she doesn't believe that because God is love and that he doesn't punish people. I kinda got mad and started yelling at her like, "Do you honestly believe that God has never punished anyone? He literally killed the whole world minus Noah and his family with the flood and made it rain fire from the heavens to kill Sodom and Gomorrah and also killed lots wife because she looked back. You think you can just do whatever you want and God won't punish you because God is love?" or something like that. I also mentioned that God even punished Joseph Smith when he lost the 116 pages. It was pretty funny (playful banter) but she literally wasn't convinced. FRUSTRATING Colombians are pretty lame like that.
Also this Tuesday I was studying the scriptures at like 8:30 and had just washed my clothes so they were wet hanging up outside. So I was studying in garments when there was a knock on the door, and, surprise! It was President Pricoli and his wife. Then they proceeded to make me feel like the worst human being lol. First because they saw that I was just barely putting a shirt on and said, "What, did you just wake up or something?" and I explained that all my clothes were wet, but they didn't really believe me. Also, we don't turn the fan off in our room so that really didn't help our case. They also yelled at us because the house was really dirty, and said that they were about to give me my ukulele back but if i didn't have time to clean the house then I really didn't have time to play the ukulele. Also, we didn't have mosquito nets that everyone needs and they said "You guys are gonna die. Not by the mosquitoes but because I'm gonna kill you!" So today we purified the house.
love
No comments:
Post a Comment