Monday, May 2, 2016

Morichal - Week Five

So, what did I even do this week? 

There's this joke that we have in the mission that is were in "Mission Titanic" meaning we only baptize women and children.  I'm realizing its like 100% true because there are no men who live with their families and almost all of the people were teaching are women and kids...it's kinda sad...

But anyways, we have the baptisms scheduled for the 20th. The first is named A_V__. She's from Buenavenura, which is in the mission, and I guess all of her sisters in Buenaventura are members so because of that she's progressing real fast. She went to the conference and her first time going to the actual church was this Sunday, but the last class went way over time, and she left early (not really because she left like 15 minutes after when it was supposed to end), so I'm kind of worried about that... we're also teaching her granddaughter, but we don't have permission from her mom yet, so we cant really do anything with her.

The other two are named M_ L__ and her daughter C_T__. They're really good, but they couldn't go to church because the mom had work on Sunday, but they're really cool. We met them cuz M__ works at this hamburger place we always go to, and we contacted there. They're progressing, we just have to go with some members, so that they have friends in the church..

The last (kinda depressing) thing is that they shut down one of the wards in the mission, and I think that they're going to sell the chapel or something. A lot of the members from that ward came to my ward on Sunday and were crying because they closed the ward down. It's depressing because we have all these missionaries here to help the church grow, but it's actually shrinking. The mission baptizes a lot but for every baptism there's like three members who stop going to church....sad really. 

All the pictures I have are from today. We went to this thing called MIO cable, which is like a gondola thing, it cost 1.700 which is literally nothing.







So this Sunday I get to call home....so tell everyone and prepare yourselves! lol


Love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment