So there's this thing in the mission that's called the Captain
Moroni award, It USED to be given out when you baptize 10 people in one
transfer, but I guess a lot of people just convinced 10 little kids to get
baptized just so that they could get the cool little pin they give out, so they
changed the rule to four families in one transfer, and I guess nobody has gotten
it since they changed the rule.
AND THEN I GOT HERE
lol jk
But seriously, we're teaching like five families, one of them is
a family of seven (mom, dad, and five kids), that one family of gold I was talking
about, and the others are families but of like two or three, but we found the majority
of these people this week, and I was actually super stoked, and I was
telling everybody this week, "Man we're gonna have like at least 10 people
at church this week!" Like I was saying that literally all week, and when
we went to go visit all the families Friday and Saturday to confirm that they
were going to go to church they all said yes, and then when we called them
Saturday night they all said yes, so I was super pumped. Can you tell what I'm
leading into?
Because nobody came to church, we literally had 0 investigadors
in the chapel. so I'm kind of sad right now, and then the other elders in the ward
were like, "Hey, Woodmansee, where's your 10 investigadors?" And even
they had 3 which stinks because they literally don't do anything. So I was kinda
sad. and yeah.
Besides that we had interviews with the President Pricoli,
Hermana Pricoli and the assistants this week. They went pretty good. The only
noteworthy thing is that with the assistants they're changing the whole way we have
to plan for the week, and we did like a practice planning and they said that we
were the best at it (we went second to last), so I guess that's a good
thing.
And today we made root beer floats. This is notable because
root beer doesn't exist in Colombia. I'm not sure where we got it from.
It wasn't a spider that bit me, but yeah that thing's gone now. I feel fine, I feel like I'm gaining weight again...nobody believes me when I tell them I weigh 90 kilos, but I weighed myself in front of my companion this week (there are public scales everywhere because it's not a household item here), so now I have a witness.
No comments:
Post a Comment