So this week we didn't really do that much in the area
because Monday I was in a bus, Tuesday we had to do the district meeting and
a ton of other stuff like the mission coordination, Friday we couldn't leave the
house until some guy showed up to fumigate it, and Saturday and Sunday was
Conference. As far as the ward and the area goes, its true what I thought last
week--it's full of black people. Not that there's anything wrong with that...lol.
My companion barely has 5 months in the mission. So I have to take the
initiative in almost everything. Which I guess isn't a bad thing. He's probably my companion most obedient
that I've had. He's like 23, but he doesn't really act like it. One different thing that he does is that he doesn't
shower in the shower, but he washes himself with a bowl of water outside in the
washroom...lol. But something sketch that just happened RIGHT NOW is some dude
got shot like 5 times right outside where im writing...or at least they got
shot at 5 times and everyone ran out to see what was going on. I'm literally in
the ghetto.
Because the conference was this week I almost didn't get to
know anyone from the ward. I also only got to know like 4 investigadors, and a
lot of them are teenage girls, and I'm not about that "flirt to convert" life like
some missionaries are...so that kind of stinks, but my companion is pretty set on
getting them baptized. The parents have never talked to the missionaries before
either...lameee.
This conference the gringos from the zone went to go watch
the conference in English in the secretary's office. They invited me, but I
decided to not watch it in English with them...I mean there was no real reason
to, since I already understand everything, and if you listen to the
missionaries who watched it in English, they still don't speak Spanish that
well, even though some of them are about to finish...and all the other
missionaries and elders told me that I made the right decision anyways...
Everyone was surprised at how short the talks by Thomas S
Monson were...that little name thing that normally pops up 3 times in each
talk? (at the beginning, middle, and end) only showed up twice...for both of
them! They were short but POWERFUL. Everyone also talked about how good Elder
Holland was. also POWERFUL and great to end the conference. But I think the
best talk of all of them was the talk that gave Neil L Anderson about the
children being a key party of the kingdom of heaven...wow. At the end of the
talk a lot of people had a bunch of tears in their eyes, and even the guy doing
the Spanish voice over had a hard time reading the talk without crying. By far
the best talk. The lame-ish part is that it was Saturday so I know a lot of
people didn't see it.
No comments:
Post a Comment