Did you guys hear about the earthquake in Ecuador/Colombia?
So I guess on Saturday or Friday--I don't really remember which--there was a huge
earthquake in Ecuador and in Valle Cauca NariƱo, Colombia, (literally only my
mission) and a ton of people died...but the night it happened, we were on our
way to an appointment that we had, and we saw everyone start running outside,
and we were like "why is everyone outside?" and we later learned that
there was an earthquake. LOL. We literally didn't even feel it at all. But some
of the Ecuadorian missionaries are super sketched out because they don't know if their
families are safe, and I guess the mission wont let them call home. I'm writing
a friend I met at the MTC who's in Ecuador and she said that all of her converts
are dead now, so that's depressing. But everything's all good in Cali.
Also this Tuesday we got robbed..kinda...so after the
district meeting we were walking to our pensionist's house to eat, and we walked
the path that we normally do because it's the "least sketch path" that we
could have taken, because it's a pretty busy street, and were like walking, and
then these 6- or 7-year-old kids walk up to us and tell us to stop and pull out
switchblades...kids who are almost as tall as my waist, and they're like, "Give us what you have in the bag!" and I literally looked at them
and laughed, and then he swished is knife at me, lol. I was gonna keep walking
but then my companion was like, "You want what's in the bag?" and he
pulled out his Bible and handed it to them and they freaked out, begged us for
forgiveness and then ran away as fast as they could screaming "Father, forgive us!" so that was kinda funny.
The other part that kind of stinks is that I might be poisoned.
or at least I think so LOL. So I was walking in the street the other day, and I
kind of walked under the branch of a tree, and then like 15 minutes later I felt
something crawling on my neck, and I swiped at it and killed this weird bug
thing, but before it died, it bit me! And my neck started hurting really bad,
well not really hurting but it burned pretty bad for like an hour...now I
feel fine but I have this weird looking mark on my neck, so I hope I don't die or
get sick from this or anything because that would really suck.
And then the really super cool thing is that we found this
"family of GOLD" who are probably gonna get baptized in like 4 weeks.
We had this reference for a really long time (well actually we have like pages
of references that we need to go contact...lol) and one name was "L__ L__" we had no idea who she was but one day I was like, "Today were
going to go contact L__" and we knocked on the door, and it turns out
L__ is this 15-year-old girl, and she lives with her sister mom grandma and
grandpa, the dad and the mom are married and still together but the dad is in
New York working, so they have them dolla dolla bills, and I guess they do video
calls every night, but we teach the 5 who are in Colombia. The first time we
went we couldn't go in because the grandpa wasn't there, but we ended up just talking
for like an hour outside. The second time we went the whole family wasn't there
but I helped with the English homework and we answered some questions (when the
dad called them that night they mentioned us and he said, "Oh, they're
Mormons, they have multiple wives and worship some guy named Joseph
Smith") but yesterday we taught them finally and they're literally perfect!
The Spirit was really strong during the lessons, and I think that they already
believe it! I was gonna invite them to be baptized, but they asked a lot of
questions and we kinda lost the topic, but they're already wanting to go to
Church on Sunday and they're excited to read the Book of Mormon. So that's pretty
cool!
So I guess that's it. Love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment