Monday, March 28, 2016

Pasto - Week Twelve

This week we literally didn't do anything. HERE'S WHY:

So Monday President Pricoli showed up in Pasto for the zone conference that was on Tuesday, but Monday we has a family home evening with the whole stake and he was there. He also gave me my birthday package (the ties are dope), and in that package was a GIANT REESE'S EASTER BUNNY that I ate in about 5 minutes. 

Tuesday was the zone conference, it was pretty cool. They took pictures but they haven't sent them yet, so i guess ill have them by next week. 

After lunch at the conference I started feeling sick, like my head hurt really bad, and it was really hard to concentrare, I had like, no force in my body to move me, and it got REALLY cold all of a sudden, which I recognized as a fever, so when we got home I took my temperature and I was at 101, so I called Hermana Pricoli, and she didn't answer me because she was sick. President told me to drink water and take ibuprofen every 6 hours, and he also said "get some rest."

Because he said get some rest, also because he knew I was throwing up and going to the bathroom every 10 minutes, I assumed that get some rest meant "HEY DON'T GO WORK TOMORROW CUZ YOU MIGHT DIE" so we didn't leave the house on Wednesday, because we had permission, but at night time the zone leaders called and were like "hey, what did you do today?" and I was like, "Nothing because I was dying, Hermana Pricoli told me 'to rest up' today." So then Hna Pricoli called me and YELLED AT ME because we passed the day like tourists, and we didn't have permission. She was pretty mad.  So was I. (Technically I guess, SHE didn't give me permission, but the PRES did.)

Then the next day I went to lunch (we did get a new pensionist btw who makes giant hamburgers and lasagna and cheesecake and stuff) and the husband was like "Dude, you look terrible why aren't you like, sleeping in your house?" and I told him what happened, and he got SUPER mad, and called the hermana and was like "what are you thinking? how can you send you missionaries out to work in this condition?" and pretty much yelled at her. Then I talked to her and she was super concerned and told me to talk to this doctor who immediately sent me to the hospital. So I went to the hospital.







They put some tubes in my body and now I'm fine. But we only got to work 2 days this week, and it was like the holy week or whatever so nobody was home. 

Also I got transferred, some members cried when I told them I was probably leaving. But we got the transfers, and they said that I was  . . .



going going, back back, to Cali Cali!

So I lost my pday in the bus ride, and it's Tuesday night and I'm writing you guys. My new area is called MORICHAL. From what I can tell it's pretty poor and only black people live here. Also it's REALLY HOT. I forgot how not hot Pasto is. I've been sweating so hard. My companion is Elder B__. He has like 5 months in the mission. I'm senior companion again. Everyone when they find out that I'm from San Diego always says, "Ohhh, so you knew Spanish before the mission, that explains it." So I guess my Spanish is really good LOL. The best part about the area is that there's these Jeeps that function like buses, and when they're full we just hop on the back bumper and hang on for dear life. I'm gonna try and take a selfie while doing it this week LOL

I'm looking forward to conference because the last time I had a hard time understanding things, but now the Spanish is pretty natural so I'm kinda stoked to like, understand what they're saying! This time we have to bring investigadors to the stake center, so it'll be a lot harder to get people there because it's kind of far.

Love you guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment