Monday, March 14, 2016

Pasto - Week Ten

I really liked this week because we found 2 families, and they both have young children and they both came to church. lol

The first family is actually a reference from the zone leaders, that they contacted in the street and live in our area. HA. They're like 20 something and have a kid, who's like 2 months old or something. They're really cool. They were gonna baptize their kid in the Catholic church, and we read Moroni 8 with them and now they're not gonna baptize their kid in the Catholic church. And then after the lesson they bought us ice cream, which was pretty dope. They went to church too! So I'm pretty hype for that. 

The other family is the son of this one family I'm good friends with. Well, the family is a mom, O__, and her 16 yr old daughter, K__, and K__ was less active but now she's not and O__ still is. But my last companion liked K__, so we used to go visit them a lot, so I'm good friends with K__. She told us that we should go visit her older brother and his wife with their 2 kids, so we did. And they went to church. but O__ kinda hates the third hour for some reason and she took them away after the first hour :( 

The thing that stinks is that neither of them are married, because nobody gets married here because the marriage process in Colombia is so messed up, that its not worth doing. So pretty much the only married people here are members of the church. 

L__ is doing pretty good, he went to church again, but I'm starting to doubt if we should baptize him on the 26th, because . . . I don't know. He seems interested during the lessons, but during church he looks kinda bored, and I think he only goes because a member takes him on his motorcycle. but chances are that I get transferred the 28th, so we'll see. 

The hardest thing to sell is definitely the law of chastity. In Cali it's normal to be unmarried and have a kid at 14. 

We don't have a mission nurse. One night my companion was straight like, shaking super hard like almost a seizure and we called the president's wife and she said, "Elder, take an Advil." So, nah. I didn't get any first aid for my cut. Got the cut because I ran into a ceiling, outside. 

That's about it. You'd better celebrate my birthday this Sunday in my honor. Love you.






No comments:

Post a Comment