Monday, July 18, 2016

Andalucia - Week one

So...I know that the zone leaders SAID that we were in the house sleeping but that's literally not what happened, but nobody believes anything I say in this mission anymore so, whatever. What REALLY happened was that after church and branch counsel we got out at 2, (church started at 10) and then one of the families who had just gone to get sealed in the temple had invited us to go over and look at the pictures that they took. They gave us a little bit of food but at 4 we got home and started cooking, so that's why we were in the house at 5. We were also in garments in the house, so I guess that's why they said that we were sleeping, but whatever. On Wednesday they came again in the morning and just told us to pack our stuff because we were leaving, so we had to pack all our stuff up in like 1 hour and then take a bus 4 hours to Cali, and were interviewed. The interview itself was a joke, he did show us the pictures, I have no idea where they found it because I had never seen it before, but what could I say? Oh, it just magically got there recently lit...nah, but I was like, "President I have no idea how that got there or whose it is, but I can promise you that it wasn't one of us, and if you don't believe me we can do a drug test, because we have nothing to hide." To which he responded, "No, I'm not gonna do that, I'm just gonna assume you're lying." So yeah, after doing divisions with the assistants and sleeping in the mission house, in the morning they told us our transfers. Now I'm in a suuuuppperrr small town called ANDALUCIA, (no really, this place is like super small) and they made me junior companion, and my new companion is like suuper obedient to the point where he makes up rules. (so President obviously didn't believe me, but honestly, I probably wouldn't believe me either). So I was kinda really upset for like the first few days. 

I mean that's kinda all that happened this week. I have no idea who the new missionaries are in my old area, but we were working in 2 areas, and now the new missionary there have to work in 2 areas without knowing them. When I looked at the mission statistics for this week, they had 0 baptism dates, so the 4 that we had when I was there are gone now. so.......

The new areas okay. I'm glad that I finally have a good companion now but at the same time, super bummed out. He just barely got here this transfer and the missionary before him literally didn't do anything. (one of them was my companion in Pasto, and the members here literally hate him, it's like if you're a bad missionary and don't do anything the members don't hate you, they just forget about you, so he must have been all sorts of bad). So there isn't really that much to do here, people to visit I mean, so, yeah. I guess that's it.

I tried to make the situation not suck so much and I did some things to lighten up my mood. Like, I bought a candle with the Virgin Mary on it (to bless the house and stuff). In the offices, they have these little signs that they put on the rooms where the new missionaries and the dying missionaries sleep, one side says "new missionaries" and it has a bunch of pictures of missionary work and stuff, and the other side says "trunkies" with pictures of a couple getting sealed in the temple, so I took a picture with the side that says trunkies...and the mattress when I got here had a little message on it. I'm sure I don't need to explain to you what happened....and I found this attack on titan sweatband, so it's mine now. Yeah, that's it. 

I was talking to my companion and explained to him what happened and he was like "well, the way i see it you can do one of 2 things, just stay being mad, or forget about it and show president that youre a hard worker" so i opted for the second. Hopefully in 2 weeks ill be senior companion again. who knows. 





No comments:

Post a Comment