Speaking of temples, the area I'm in is like 16 hours away from the nearest temple. So the members only go like twice a year or something, and this week they all went. Everyone spent a ton of money just to go, and even some people quit their jobs. So it makes you think how lucky we are to live in the United States where there's literally a temple around every corner. This Sunday everyone shared their testimony and everyone started crying (mucho espiritu) and one family who just went and got sealed shared their testimony, yeah, powerful stuff. We're all pretty lucky.
Also noteworthy thing that happened this week: We went to go contact this family that used to always go to church when a certain elder was here, and when we got to the house her little kid (should be like 3 years old?) was playing outside, and we were like, "hey can you go get your mom for us?" So he runs inside and then like 2 minutes later comes back out and says, "my mom told me to tell you that shes not here." So, that happened lol
Then this week our zone leaders called the mission president and told them that they found a joint in our house and that we've been smoking weed and not working (last weeks numbers were pretty low) but we've cleaned the house several times and I've never seen a joint in the house, so I told president that they were lying (because they were) and he said he would call me back in 5 minutes and he never called me back. So I'm probably gonna have to deal with this soon, not sure what' gonna happen but it's super lame. I'll keep you updated on what happens, but my companion and I were so upset last night that I could barely sleep.
Yeah I guess that's all. The pictures are of me and my district leader and pictures with that recent convert family, the one where I had to confirm the dad.
love you
No comments:
Post a Comment