Anyways, I think I said last week that we pretty much walked around lost because we have 2 areas to work in, and I was just assuming that it would get better next (this) week, but i was wrong. In the area I'm in, my companion just "killed" my trainer the last transfer, and knowing Elder Bello, they probably didn't do anything-because there are literally 0 people to teach! I asked my companion, "hey, do we actually have investigators?" and he was like, "not really." Soo that's really lame, because I don't really like not having plans in the day. Like Wednesday or Thursday I was just so discouraged that I was considering calling President and telling him that I have a girlfriend here so that he'd transfer me! ha, not really, but I was thinking stuff like, "this area sucks. I miss my old area." I was pretty much homesick for Cali, lol. Anyway, I think things will be better this week, we made some pretty good plans.
Things kinda got better when we left to do visits with a member and he showed us some cool people. There's also this one super active family, (parents and 2 kids), that always go to church, but it turns out that the mom's not a member! So we went to go teach them and the oldest son also has a girlfriend that we taught, but she just kinda looked bored the whole time. (and on her phone) We tried to like, make conversation with her, but she gave us one word answers and went back to looking at her phone. I honestly don't understand why anyone would want to date anyone like that, but oh well! The mom knows so much stuff, I was surprised that she's not a member. She's even been to the temple when the family goes! (didn't go in of course but you know, looked at the gardens and stuff). The husband says that she was raised in a super Catholic family and she feels like she can't betray her family traditions and stuff. (There are a lot of Virgin Mary photos in their house). We're gonna work hard with that family, because, how hard could it be to baptize someone who already goes to church every Sunday?
There is literally 0% chance that this mission will get iPads within the next 30 years. The cell phones we use are old Nokia phones from the 90's and we can't even take them out of the house because they always get robbed. Here in Colombia, Apple products are way more expensive than Android stuff (even though in the US it's like the same) So having anything Apple is a sign of being super rich. Walking around with an iPad would be like wearing a sign on my neck that says, "hey please rob me!" Also, I don't think that I would even like teaching with an iPad.
We were gonna celebrate the 4th of July by eating hamburgers and stuff, but the zone leaders said that we were gonna go play soccer again. So we didn't really do anything to celebrate, but I am wearing red white and blue! I love and miss you America.
I love you guys too I guess
No comments:
Post a Comment