So the news for this week is that Elder Torres went home to Peru because his visa expired so now we're in a trio with Elder Gamboa. We're called Woodmansee and the Bolivians, which would be a cool band name, but now we have to work in like 2 thirds of Buga. The plan is to just do divisions everyday with different members, which I'm actually enjoying because I only have to work with Elder Roman for every 3 days-that guy is really stressing me out. I'm still training him so I guess that means I still have to teach him things every once in a while, but if I wasn't I'd just leave with Brayan everyday, but I can't really do that...!
Pilar is going to be baptized this SUNDAY (some things came up and the only free time she has these days are Sundays, so I guess Sunday is the day we'll baptize her). It's kinda lame though since I thought that we were gonna baptize her like 4 weeks ago, but we also haven't been working too hard with her because she already has all the lessons and stuff.
Brayan introduced us to his younger brother, Cristian, who is pretty cool, but I guess he has like serious weed problems. The first time we went to go teach him the house just reeked of weed and he was like, "yeah come on in" and we were like, "maybe we should come back later..." haha but he ended up going to church this Sunday and he really liked it, so we think were gonna baptize him this transfer too. He actually hung out with us (the district + Brayan) today and he seems like he wants to change.
Yesterday we went to do our FHE with the Yate family and it was actually pretty cool. It was also the one of the sister's birthdays, so we did a short little lesson and celebrated her birthday. (I think it's really weird that the members here actually invite missionaries to their birthdays here, and at home I didn't really want anything to do with them hahah). I'll see if I have time to send the videos of the family home evening we did. We acted out bible stories and the people had to guess what story they were. We did Samson and Delilah, Eve and the Forbidden fruit, Peter walking on water, and David and Goliath. It was super funny.
everyone here is sad about the election because "now they'll never be able to go to the united states" hahah
ok, times up.....LOve you!
No comments:
Post a Comment