So like on Monday we had a little family home evening and while I was singing "I love that my Heavenly Father loves me" I had a spiritual confirmation that it’s true. It was the strongest I’ve felt the Spirit in a while, so it was pretty cool.
Also this week I literally condemned someone to hell. In Matthew 10 it says: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
So we didn’t shake the dust off our feet, because there are active members who live in that house, but we did something similar. We were teaching this one chick who lives in the house of our pensionist, who has been to church a few times, but I was just thinking that she never was baptized just because the last time there were good missionaries in this are was in like 2015. So we started teaching the restoration, reading a ton of scriptures from her little Bible, and she even said that it made a ton of sense, but when my companion was testifying, I could totally feel the Spirit and I know that she did too, she just got up and started washing dishes, like, what the heck?? And then she absolutely refused to say the closing prayer, (and she’s said the prayer hundreds of times before!) and so I felt impressed to say something like "Vivi, I know that you’ve felt the Spirit and that God has answered your prayers, and in this moment He’s told you again by His Spirit that what we’re saying is true, just know that if you don’t say the prayer, your soul will be condemned and that you will regret not listening to us when you’re in hell!" She started laughing, not like hey that was funny laugh but literally an evil laugh, and there’s no doubt in my mind that the devil possessed her heart, and she let it happen. The members who were present told me the same thing....pretty sad.
Also, I’m having problems with my disobedient companion--he literally doesn’t talk, he lets me plan and contact by myself, and if I don’t keep silent for about 10 seconds in a lesson, he doesn’t teach either. So on Friday and Saturday I told him that I was going to be like him (I’ve told him several times that he has to participate more, and he just responds with "I’m junior companion") and I literally didn’t talk. Or walk anywhere, thinking that it would make him take the initiative, but no. It probably wasn’t the best thing to do, but I guess if he doesn’t want to be a hard worker, what can I do?
Sometimes I look at some other missionaries, and think that life’s not fair. For example, my friend Elder Alcorta had 2 trainers, the first is the current assistant to the president, the second was a former zone leader. Then he was a trainer and a district leader, his son was awesome, he trained again for a transfer, now he’s a zone leader. In about 5 transfers, all of his companions have been pretty great. Meanwhile, I’ve literally only had 3 good companions, and 2 of them were when that one thing happened with that zone leader who lied, and the other was my second son, but I was only with him for one transfer in a pretty bad area (for the carnivals). I guess I’ve learned that the mission is about more than just about being a leader, and that not all good missionaries are leaders. Or the lord wanted me to learn something with all of these companions I’ve had. I think I’ve become a great leader without actually having a leadership position, but just by having to deal with all of these guys I feel like I’ve grown as a person and learned how to deal with these kinds of people, which is something that I’ll probably need when I have a job and stuff.
After the transmission where they announced the new rules, we got a text message that said "the schedule is the same, there isn't dinner", so for us the only change is that we plan in the morning and have a longer pday I guess.
Tell Blake to put Mark 8:38 or Romans 1:16 on his jacket.
No comments:
Post a Comment