This week, this week.
We had a baptismal date for that kid, who put his own baptismal date, but it fell through. Not cuz he doesn't want to get baptized or anything, but his date was for this Saturday and we’d only taught him 2 lessons, so he wasn't ready, and he still isn't sure why he even wants to get baptized. Also his mom and his stepdad wouldn't let him because they all want to get baptized on the same day, but the mom is married to another man still, so she needs to divorce him and then get remarried, so that's a process.
We did divisions this week, and I was in my area with Elder Smith, who arrived like 4 days ago (when we did them) and we were in my area, so I had to make the plans and stuff. So even though he has more time in the mission (2 transfers, I think) it was like I was the senior companion, so that was kinda stressful/cool LOL. He pretty much told me that there are a lot of things that my trainer does wrong, and when we visited one of our investigadors, she said "your other companion is very undisciplined, huh?" LOL. But he's been here for like 6 months so I think I’ll get a mom* next transfer.
Also, Felipe, our golden investigador, finally was able to go to church! He said that he really liked it, but there were things he didn't understand and that he wants to know more. Were gonna put a baptism date for him this week. We were gonna do it yesterday but things happened and we couldn't teach him. The thing is, he's dating the daughter of a less active family, familia Usma, and the daughter isn't a member, and Hermana Usma is siblings with Hermano Toro, and familia Toro is another less active family whose kids aren't members. I feel like this week we need to work really hard with them, reactivate the families, and baptize their kids. Idk, I just feel like they're really important. The thing is, Hermano Toro is excommunicated, so I don't even know how that works. I think when Felipe is baptized it'll motivate all of them to do the same. I feel like these two families are a big reason of why I’m in Jamundi right now.
Oh yeah, to answer your questions. We don't regularly eat with members. We have a pensionista that gives us lunch every day, the same member every day. It’s like a calling, so eating with other members (like we did last week) is different.
In Colombia literally every business is run out of peoples’ houses. Food, internet salons, hair cutting places, everything is just in a house. We have an investigator who has an internet salon right across from our house and he lets us write for free, so that's cool.
Love you guys!
*The mission lingo is that your first companion is your dad, but your training period is 2 transfers. So if you get another companion during your training, that's your mom. Also your first area is where you were born, like I was born in Jamundi, and when you finish your mission, you die, and your companion killed you. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment