This week was more or less the same with the numbers and
whatnot, but I think the lessons we did have were a lot better. There's this
recent convert in the ward, named Juan David. He's 16 years old, he's really
cool. I think he and Blake would be really good friends LOL. Anyway, he gave a
Book of Mormon to one of his friends at school, and his friend started reading
it, loved it and the first thing he said to us when we met him was that he
wanted to get baptized. Cool! His name is Yordi (the y in Colombia is like a J,
so Jordy) We taught him and his parents twice this week, and the whole family
is super interested and whatever. One cool thing the mom said is that she
noticed a change in her son when he started reading that book, and she really
wants to have that change too. Cool! So when they go to church next Sunday we're
gonna put a date for all 3 of them! I'm not gonna baptize them though. I think
it'll be more special if Juan David got to do it, and I told him he was gonna do
it. It'll be more special for him than me, and I'll have more chances to do it
later on.
We had a zone conference this week, and we got to eat
Dominos pizza again, lol. That was the best part. The lessons and stuff were
good too, but I have to think really hard to understand when people talk really
fast or not directly at me and it's hard to do that for a long time, but I'm
still getting better! When I follow all the rules and the schedule in the
morning I find that I can understand better than when I start personal study
late, or go to bed late or whatever.
Also my shoes are already breaking. My companion says that
my shoes make me look like I have 8 months on the mission, there's no way these
are gonna last a year lol. It's a sign of hard work I guess? idk.
Tell Zack I said happy birthday!
It's weird that Chloe is married already lol. I'm older than
she is! Is Darcy gonna get married in a year too? jk
And we went to the zoo last week as a zone. It was fun, but I always
feel weird talking to another North American. Its like, should I speak to him
in Spanish or in English? It's weird, but everyone here is really cool.
Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment