So I told you about my broken shoes last week? The shoes are fine now, the dad one of our
investigadors fixed them and shined them WHILE I was wearing them. I kinda felt
like a king. And then he offered us free vodka! LOL
Three things happened this week that were really cool. The first is, I don't know why, but a lot of the members invited
the district over to eat dinner, like three times this week. So we got a lot of
free food. I'm not gonna complain!
The second, is, you know that
17 year old kid I told you about (or at least I think I did) that is dating the
daughter of a less active? Felipe? We taught him 2 more times this week, and
man is he made of gold. He kept literally all of our compromises, and (we had
to visit with a member cuz the dad wasn't there) the member we were with asked
him that if he wanted to get baptized if he knew this church was true, he said
he would. Woo! We felt that it would be better if we put a date after he went
to church this week, but the parents of the less active family were in Cali,
his family has issues, and the daughter didn't want to go to church, so he didn't
know how to get there...but he told us he really wanted to, so that counts?
And today, we had, I don't know
what its called in English, like, emergency transfers? The transfer period isn't
over, but one of the Elders in the district had to leave this morning and we
got a new elder (not like new new like me.) So we had to wait for him in the
morning as a trio, and when we found him he had forgotten his bags on the bus,
so for like 4 hours this morning we had to frantically try and find the bus he
was on and get his bags. He's a gringo too, but has 5 months in the mission, but my Spanish is a little better. haha The elder that left, left a ton of stuff too, so
we all took it for ourselves. I got this really nice speaker! Sounds good. I'm
gonna put conference music on my flash drive, so I can use it.
And the lame thing. This
week on like Thursday Elder Bello bought this little ball maze game at the
store. And he's like a little kid, man! He stayed up til like 11:30 one night
playing it. Whatever, it didn't affect me.
But one day, I think it was Friday?
After lunch he said we were gonna go back to the house and do 12 semanas, but he took the ball and went right to the bathroom and locked the door, and I could
hear him playing it. So I started doing language study, and read Preach My
Gospel and whatever (cuz stuff happened and we couldn't do it earlier) and it
had been like 40 minutes and he was still in the bathroom playing that game. So
I thought, this is stupid, I'm not doing anything. So I decided to be a good
missionary and pray for courage and words to tell him to stop being stupid, and
I did. I think we've been working a little harder ever since. Lol
Love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment